Where can we find salvation and strength?
This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.
– Isaiah 30:15
Sometimes it takes a lot to rest your heart and keep your eyes fixed on the Lord during this broken and upset world in which we live. However, doing what the Lord says and striving to achieve it should be a priority. When the sad, frustrating, and exhausting days come, God will grant you the much-desired and needed vigor.
In this verse, the prophet Isaiah alerts the people of God about the rejection of 2 important issues in any person’s life: salvation and strength that come from God. Save from what? Strength for what? All people without God are condemned to a sad fate unless they accept the free offer that Jesus gives (John 3: 16-17). All are weak when they rely on their own strength.
The Word of the Lord tells us that salvation is obtained through repentance and rest in God. Resting means holding on, surrendering, reassuring yourself in the Lord.
True strength and consistency are found in stillness and trust with serenity and genuine faith. It seems simple, don’t you think? But many times we find ourselves during much turmoil, in such a whirlwind of information and voices that we cannot discern or hear the voice of God. Try to stop a little … It is necessary to seek the protection and peace of God.
In the Word of God, you will find encouragement to live life fully with Jesus and to be strong, enduring, and enduring the bad days.
Find salvation and strength in God:
- God is pleased with repentant and broken hearts. Confess your faults and ask for forgiveness.
- If you still don’t understand what salvation is, seek help and discover what it is through reading the Bible.
- Lower the tension! Assigned the best time to be alone with God without the pressure of other things.
- Pray to God in secret. Look for him from the heart and without haste.
- Focus on God. With all the distractions we have (TV, media, entertainment) it is necessary to strive to be focused and in communion with Jesus.
- Read God’s Word daily. In it, there is light, food, and life for your path.
My Lord, save me from all evil! Save me from eternal damnation and the sins that try to imprison me here. Save me from me that I often fail and walk away from your glory. Sorry, sir! I give you my heart and my whole life. Strengthen me through your Word. In the name of Jesus, amen.