The signs of the end times: What to pay attention to
With the world in a state of chaos, there are many signs that the end time is near. Jesus himself said that “Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom” (Matthew 24:7). Are you aware of the signs? The Bible does not specifically say when the end will come, but there are certain events that often happen before the return of Christ. In this article, we will discuss some of the most important things to pay attention to!
The Bible is warning us to watch out for the end of times and pay attention to these signs, so we don’t get caught unaware.
12 signs of the end times
- Wars and rumors of wars are foretold in the Bible (Matthew 24:12). With ISIS becoming a major force, this is one sign that we should not ignore. There has been an increase in terror attacks lately as well.
- Economic disasters are also predicted in the Bible. In fact, Jesus said that when “a poor man’s field is forcefully taken from him”, or a house falls on an individual without warning and no one helps them up (Luke 18:24), this could be considered an economic disaster. With the world experiencing extreme poverty and high inflation rates for the past few years, this could be another sign.
- The Bible also predicts earthquakes and natural disasters before the return of Christ (Matthew 24:27). These have been happening more often in recent years too.
- Another sign of the end time is false Christs who will come to Earth claiming that they are the true savior (Luke 18:22). There are more people claiming to be Christ today than ever before.
- The Bible says that wars will increase until they start “one after another” (Matthew 24:21), and this has been happening over the past few years too.
- In Matthew 24:29, Jesus said there would be signs in the sun, moon, and stars. These have been happening too – solar flares which cause earthquakes on Earth, unusual lunar activity (eclipses), and explosions of supernovae that can be seen from earth but are not visible to the naked eye.
- The Bible says the end will come with a roar like that of thunder (Revelation 18:18). Earthquakes, storms and tornadoes are all getting more powerful, so this is another sign.
- The Gospel will be preached to all nations before the end comes (Matthew 24:14). This has been happening too.
- The Bible says the end will come like a thief in the night (Matthew 24:44). In Amos 6:1, it warns of “the man who is at ease.” Our society has become more and more comfortable with material possessions, but this is not biblical contentment; we are being told by the Bible to live more simply.
- Children are becoming disobedient to their parents and do not listen to the voice of their parents (2 Timothy 3:2). We are becoming disobedient to God and do not listen to His Word. The Bible says that this will be one of the key signs of the end time, with people embracing false prophets.
Response of believers towards the end times
In the Bible, Jesus told us to watch and be ready for the end of time. All believers need to read their Bibles more often so that they are sure about what is going on in the world. They need to know how they should react when things happen.
We also have an example from Luke 21:36, which says, “Watch out lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap.”
The Bible also tells us to pray for strength in these troubled times.
This is what we all need now: faithfulness to God’s Word even in the face of persecution and the temptation to doubt.
We need courage in the face of fear, for God has promised that He will never leave us or forsake us.
“Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.” Psalm 122 verse six says, “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; May those who love you be secure.” This is a prayer worth praying every day now because we know that there are many who want to harm the nation of Israel.
The Bible also tells us to pray for strength in these troubled times. This is what we all need now: faithfulness to God’s Word even in the face of persecution and the temptation to doubt. We need courage in the face of fear, for God has promised that He will never leave us or forsake us.
If you have the signs of the end time in your life, then it is important that you pray about them. Prayer changes things, and God is not a respecter of persons. He hears our prayers no matter what sin we are struggling with or who we are as long as there is faith behind those words, trust that Jesus will always be on the throne.
In other words, if you are noticing any of these signs in your life, then it is important to pray about them and pay attention to what God might be trying to tell you:
– social unrest/wars;
– moral decay;
– apostasy from Christian faith or widespread false teaching that is accepted as truth;
– moral corruption and the increase of violence or staggering natural disasters.
Please keep in mind that this list is not exhaustive, but it does cover some of the more common signs. Whatever you may be going through in your life right now, God loves you and has a plan for your future (Jeremiah 29:11).
How is the end time affecting the Church?
The end time is and will continue to affect the Church in many ways. Some of those ways are:
- We may see a decreasing number of Christians who are not living according to their faith (Revelation 18:15);
- There might be an increase in persecution against Christians;
- Some churches may cease to exist.
How is the end time affecting me?
It’s important not to get caught up in fear of what might happen and instead try to live as Christ would want us to. He said, “I am with you always, even unto the end.” (Matthew 28:20). Our mission is clear; we must be a light among those who are living in darkness – whether that be because of the end times or for other reasons.
We should be looking out for each other at this difficult time. A lot of people are already caught with the end time, and we need to help them back to the Cross. And also, while we are doing that, we must equally live with the mindset of finishing well and finishing strong.
Prayers for the perilous times
Lord, we pray for the end times in these days. Please help us live as Christ wants us to and be a light of hope amidst all the darkness.
We pray for those who are already caught in the end time and ask that you would give them strength. We also pray for ourselves, living with the mindset of finishing well.
Lord Jesus Christ, we beg your forgiveness on account of our sins so that through faith in You, we may be washed clean from all our guilt. Grant to us a share in the Kingdom of Heaven, as well as protection for our souls against the Evil One.
For You are a merciful God and will forgive us when we confess to You all our sins: past, present and future. For Your forgiveness is vast like the sky above; it reaches high unto heaven and deep into the earth below. It pardons the sins of all who come to You with a contrite heart. In Jesus name, we pray.
Read this also: Christians in Dangerous time
How to be saved
The only thing that assures you eternal security is your salvation in Christ Jesus. He came to the world and died for you to rescue you from the terrible calamity that is coming to befall the world.
Would you love to give your life to Jesus? Please pray this prayer
Dear Lord, God of the universe: I am sorry for my sins. Please forgive me and come into my life with your Son Jesus Christ to live in me and dwell within me. Cleanse me from all unrighteousness; renew my mind, heart, body, and soul so that I can be a blessing to others as you have been to me. Thank you for the cross and all that it has done in my life. In Jesus name, amen.
Congratulations If you prayed that prayer. That is the most important decision a man can ever make. Please reach out to me at Saintpius95@gmail.com. I will love to continue to encourage and pray for you in your new found faith in Jesus.
The Bible tells us that there will be signs to watch for in the heavens. There are many prophecies about what these might look like, but it is unclear when they will happen or how close we are to them actually happening. One thing remains clear – beware of any sign that points towards the end time and take action appropriately if you see one!
It is said that Jesus will return to earth in the last days. Signs of his coming include natural disasters, wars, famines and pestilence. The Bible teaches us what we need to know about these events for our own protection. As believers who have trusted in Christ as Savior from sin, we are assured by God’s Word that he has not forgotten us but remains with us at all times even when things seem most bleak on this Earthly plane where death reigns supreme over life and takes many lives each day through various diseases without any care or concern.
What do you think about these possible signs of the end times? Do they sound realistic or far-fetched? Let us know in the comments below!