Grace and truth
Text: John 1: 16-17: Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
The Law of God, given through Moses, showed who we are and the greatness and holiness of God. Through it, we see how far we are from achieving God’s goodness and excellence. The Lord’s commandments are not mere ordinances but are love and life for those who obey them. Without the help of the Lord, man is weak because, by nature, he cannot fulfill God’s will. It is impossible to achieve it on our own merits.
But thanks to God for Jesus Christ! By coming into the world, He personified the grace and truth of God for men. He not only brought and reviewed instructions, but He lived in full compliance with the Law. Jesus showed in practice how we should be towards God and showed God’s love and life towards man. Walk in the grace and truth of Jesus! You will see how He will help you and grant you victory and abundant life.
Grace over grace:
- Pray and ask God to help you understand and live the truth and grace through Jesus Christ.
- Be grateful. Jesus brought in person the final solution for our insufficiency before God.
- Strive to know the Bible more thoroughly. Through it, you will discover how to please the Lord.
- Read the Gospel of John and try to identify other passages that speak about the grace of God.
- Write down the references you find and everything you learned.
- Share with others what you discover about the truth and grace of Jesus.
Lord God, thank you very much for sending us, Jesus. Through Him, we receive salvation and forgiveness for our failures. In Jesus, we also have the exact model of how we can please, obey and love You. Teach us to always walk in that path that is Christ, the way of truth, grace, love, and life. Help me to reflect before the world your fullness, and your endless grace. In the name of Jesus, amen.
One year Bible reading plan: Day 47 – Leviticus 11-13
Read also: Servant Leadership