My grace is sufficient for you
… but he told me: “My grace is enough for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will rather flaunt my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may remain over me.
(2 Corinthians 12: 9)
Grace is an underserved favor from God to us. That goodness gives those who believe in Jesus eternal, wonderful security, greater than anything you can imagine. The apostle Paul received that Word from God when he prayed 3 times for healing from a disease that he called a “thorn or thorn in the body” (2 Corinthians 12).
“My grace is enough for you.” That was the answer he got from the Father. Perhaps Paul expected to be healed or recovered immediately, but in that case, the greatest miracle was that Paul realized God’s care for him and the strength that He gave him day after day. In whatever form it was, Christ was present.
Many times we fail to understand the reason for some suffering in our lives. The reality is that they show us that we are weak, that we have limitations, and our dependency is on the One who created us. When all of our resources are exhausted, we trust that the power of the Father will be perfected each day. During life’s trials, he renews our vigor. Seek the Lord and trust totally in his goodness and mercy.
Comforting grace amid the pain
- Pray and give yourself to God with all your “thorns” and afflictions. He hears you and helps you.
- Trust that the grace and presence of God are with you right now and wherever you go.
- Praise! Despite the grief, believe that in Jesus Christ there is a relief for all suffering.
- Read the Bible and do your best to know God better. His Word will increase your faith and renew your hope.
- Don’t lose faith! Seek the Lord. Jesus is your strength, and in his presence, there is salvation and victory.
Lord God, strengthen my faith when I go through struggles, pains, and afflictions. When my strength fails me, I know that your power remains immovable forever. Father, hug me and console me when everything is difficult because I only have you, my Lord, and God. Shape my life with your love and teach me to trust that your grace is sufficient for me. In the name of Jesus, amen.