God is a friend of the lonely
Text:Psalm 68: 5-6: A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families,[a] he leads out the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun scorched land.
(Psalm 68: 5-6)
This may be your condition today: you lack the presence or the most important family references of your life … You may have suffered the loss of your father, your mother, or both, and that today you are an orphan … Or maybe you are a widow or widower … Or because you have lost a child, a friend or a partner and you feel abandoned. It may be that, even if you have not experienced any of these loss situations, you feel lonely, With no one to really trust.
Whatever your story or your situation, there is hope for you. God is the faithful and true friend of all who feel alone. He is Father for those who have no parents, defends the right of widows and makes the loner live in family. Trust in this God who takes care of all those who feel weak, abandoned and lonely. Being with Jesus you will never feel alone again.
Leaving loneliness today:
- Believe that God is always present. Trust even when you can’t feel it because Jesus promised to be always by your side. You can trust him!
- Pray every time you feel alone, cry out to Jesus Christ! Tell him everything that is happening to you.
- Besides God, who never abandons you, you can also count on other people. Look around and you will see how God adds special people to your life.
- Don’t stop congregating. Do not give in to the natural tendency to isolate yourself and look for your family in the faith, meet in a church, talk and ask other brothers in Christ for prayer.
- Read the Bible, listen and sing praises. Fill your heart every day with the Word and with the joy of God.
- Believe that God is a friend of the lonely
Beloved Father, thank you because you take care of all those who feel alone. Thank you because you are interested in our condition, you attend our prayers and fill the emptiness of our hearts with your great love. Help me to feel that I will never be alone with you and that you can increase my friends and add a great family in you. I thank you because you are my best and greatest friend. In the name of Jesus, amen.
One year Bible reading plan: Day 32 – Exodus 7-9