He has been faithful!
Text: Deuteronomy 7:9: Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.
When the storm reaches our lives, everything seems to lose consciousness. We are tempted to look back, without strength and confidence, with the thought of giving up. These are challenging times we go through, and that makes us lose our way to the north. But you must be aware of something: God has not lost control of your life. He continues to work even if you don’t see or feel it.
In those times of struggle in which we face pain and insecurity, we must not forget who God is or everything he says in his Word. He continues to be the faithful God! Yes. The same God who worked yesterday works today and will do it for eternity. He is the good Lord who never fails.
In today’s verse, we see a statement that we can confirm in our lives if we hold our trust in Jesus Christ.
Read here: Faithfulness amid trial
Believe in God’s faithfulness:
- Believe despite the circumstances. When everything seems to go against you, the Lord gives you the courage to continue with faith.
- Have hope and confidence. Amid adversity, the natural tendency is to become anxious and grieve, but it is essential to learn to conserve our spirits and rest in God.
- Get happy! Smile because God’s faithfulness is constant and will never end. He keeps his promises.
- Pray to God and give everything to him: your life, your problems, and your afflictions. He will take care of everything for you.
- Read the Bible. Discover and learn more about God’s faithfulness by reading his Word.
- Be faithful to the Lord. Live a life faithful to him, but even when you fail, remember that he remains faithful (2 Timothy 2:13).
Lord God, I want to thank you for your kindness and your faithfulness. No one compares to you. Only you are eternally faithful and trustworthy. Help me rest and trust in You. Even when struggles come, don’t let me forget that you are dependable and that Your love has no end. Teach me also to be faithful in all areas of my life. Father, I praise You because You have always been faithful to me. Thank You, faithful Father, In the name of Jesus. Amen.
One year Bible reading plan: Day 29 – Genesis 48-50